Sunday, July 11, 2010

Okazaki!!

So finally... after like what? 16 or so years, I return to Okazaki. This weekend has honestly been a whirl wind. In the past two days I have met with 9 different people... and not all at one place. Originally I was going to go to Okazaki with Yuko-san on Saturday, but instead I left earlier in order to see more of Okazaki. So I got there on Friday and Hamano-san and his wife picked me up. At this point... he and his wife are total strangers because I honestly didn't remember them. Luckily Hamano-san knew English and loved to practice speaking it. To my surprise, he also knew Russian!! Well he drove me to Okawara-san's house, where I spent the first night. That night we had a party where Suzuki-san, Yamamoto-san, Hamano-san and wife, and Okawara-san (duh), and the Sobirova family was there too. I took lots of photos so check it out :)

The second day I went to Mitsuhashi-san's house (Michiko-san). Kamia-san then came over and we talked. See pictures... Afterward we went to get my hair done and dress up in a kimono for seijinshiki. This is a traditional ceremony for Japanese people when they turn 20. Normally they spend at least 500 dollars to get this done. To rent a kimono costs so much money! I got to wear Michiko-san's kimono. This blog entry is not as exciting as the photos. On Sunday I met up with Nakamura-san and then Dyadya Anvar came. It got loud after that. Honestly my trip to Okazaki was so jam packed and crazy. Totally awesome. I even got to have 2 kimonos from Okawara-san, and a yukatta from Michiko-san... along with a gajillion presents for home. Mom and Dad get ready... The only things I hated about Okazaki were the damn mosquitoes... I got bit SO many times its not even funny :( Oh well.. the good experience made up for it. So now its 12:30 in the morning. I am so tired and school is tomorrow. I figure I should first upload all the photos and then go to sleep... that way I don't wait a week to upload :)

The next event will be Mt. Fuji. Hopefully if the weather is good I will be able to climb to the top and see the beautiful sunrise! Until then, good night and peace out ^__^ Oh! and don't forget to check out the photos on the side bar!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment